Though many advancements have been made in making appliances and energy sources safe, there are still unfortunate incidents like electrical house fires. Though electrical fires can happen from not following basic safety rules, faulty wiring and worn out systems can also cause these tragedies. The best way to keep your home safe from these situations is to get an electrical inspection. CMC Service Experts has a qualified team of experts who can inspect every inch of your home’s electrical system to make sure everything is safe. It’s the only 100% sure way to know if your home gets the “all clear” for electrical safety.
When Do You Get an Inspection?
- Anytime’s a good time to check your home’s electrical system, but It’s especially wise to get an inspection in these instances:
- Before you move into a new home
- If you experience power outages
- If your fuses regularly become blown
- If your breakers regularly trip
- You’re tired of replacing blown-out light bulbs
- If you did any DIY work or hired a non-licensed person to do some electrical work in your home. It’s best to check the outcome of the situation to prevent any dangerous problems.
- If you have an older home but just bought new appliances, check to see if your system can handle them.
- Periodically check your home, regardless of any incident, especially if your home is more than 25 years old. Older Homes are more at risk of electrical complications.
How often is periodically? It all depends on the state of your home. A newer home will do well with a rigorous initial inspection and inspections every few years. When your new home reaches 10 years of age it’s recommended that you get an annual electrical inspection. An older home that’s at risk of some electrical issues should be examined annually to make sure everything is working properly. This is even more critical if an inspection reveals that some parts of your system may be on their last legs.
What Happens During an Inspection?
When we come to inspect your home, we’ll take a look at everything from your wiring to your fuse box to your circuit breaker panel. Our professionals will be on the lookout for common problems that either pose safety risks or make your electric system less efficient. Here are some of the many components we scrutinize:
- The wiring to make sure it’s working well and properly terminated
- The overall energy-efficiency of the home
- Check to see if your circuits are overloaded
- Check your electrical panels for signs of deterioration
- Troubleshoot current problems and suggest measures to prevent electrical problems that can lead to house fires
- GFCI protection in the proper areas as defined by the NEC (National Electric Code)
- Arc fault protection – per code
- Proper grounding of your electrical service and circuits
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors – per code
When you get a comprehensive home inspection from CMC Service Experts, you can expect our professionals to be on the lookout for absolutely anything that poses a threat to your safety or finances. After your inspection, be sure to adhere to all safety guidelines to keep your system running well.
Does Your House Pass?
Your home is an investment that you should protect with some simple preventative measures. There’s only one way to find out if your house gets the “all clear,” and that’s by getting a professional electrical inspection. It just takes a short time to get peace of mind and expert advice on how to keep you and your family safe from potentially dangerous electrical issues. Get an electrician Raleigh residents can count on since 2005 from CMC Service Experts over your to your property today.